Sunday, 22 January 2017

Goals For 2017


I hope everyone had a lovely Christmas and a happy New Year (is it still acceptable to say that!?). This is a very belated 'Goals For 2017' post - I have been so busy revising for my exams and I really need to get better at organising my time between blogging and studying! Sharing my goals for the year ahead with you will hopefully motivate me more to achieve them and it may give you some ideas of what goals to set for yourself if you haven't already.

Improve my blog: A very common goal among bloggers but I really want to dedicate more time to my blog this year and improving my photography skills so I can create higher quality posts.

Exercise regularly: This is one of the goals I set myself every year and it always starts off well but then it goes downhill! So far I've managed to go to the gym three times a week, however, if I can't make it to the gym then I've been following Youtube workouts in my room.

Eat more healthily: Whilst at university I find it so easy to snack on biscuits and chocolate when I'm studying and make quick meals that don't have much nutritional value. Since coming back to university I've been trying to incorporate more fruit and veg into my meals and make more of my meals from scratch.

Travel more: This year I want to travel to as many places as possible (and that my bank balance will let me!), so I'm trying to manage my money so that I'll be able to afford more trips away.

Improve my organisational skills: For Christmas I received The Happiness Planner which is really useful for planning what I'm going to do each day. Throughout 2017 I want to get better at dividing my time between blogging and university work.

Bake more often: Baking is one of my favourite things to do in my spare time and I never do it enough. This year I want to do more baking and share the recipes I use on my blog.

Hopefully we will all be able to make 2017 our best year yet! What goals have you set yourself for the year ahead?

37 comments:

  1. That planner looks utterly beautiful. Need to get my hands on one like these too. Also, your goals sound fab. Hope you get to follow them all <3

    Love, Kerstin
    http://www.missgetaway.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The planner's so pretty - it took me ages to pick which colour I wanted! Thank you x

      Delete
  2. Great goals, I definitely want to improve my blog and take better care of myself too. Thanks for sharing, all the best! Xx

    ALittleKiran | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, good luck with your goals! x

      Delete
  3. Exercise and eating regularly are on my list of goals for 2017 too!

    Lauren x http://www.huggled.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully we can achieve them together! x

      Delete
  4. Nice list of goals!

    http://www.myclusterofthoughts.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please share your recipes whenever you feel like baking something! I love baking as well and blogs are the best place to learn new recipes.
    By the way, your planner is absolutely beautiful, I'll take a look around and see if I find something similar in the sales because I really need more rose gold in my life.
    The only goal I set myself this year is to be more consistent at blogging, to improve my posts, photos, my blog in general. We share that one :)

    Marti | paperplanepond.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will do - I love finding new recipes on blogs too! I love the planner so much, it's so helpful with organising what I need to do each day. Good luck achieving your goal! x

      Delete
  6. the happiness planner is probably the prettiest planner out there and it has been on my wish list for so long.


    www.elenaisabelle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It so good - you should get one at some point! x

      Delete
  7. That's a nice list dear and I really like your planner! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really want to put up more baking posts too!
    Aleeha xXx
    www.halesaaw.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be checking your blog to see when you do put up some baking posts! x

      Delete
  9. I really need to try and bake more, I never do it! xx

    Gemma ♡ Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Achievable goals. I really want to bake too

    ZEKALIN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hopefully going to bake something this weekend which I might share on my blog :) x

      Delete
  11. Writing goals down is to important!! It's a great way to keep track of your accomplishments and achieve your goals.

    Xoxo, Maggie
    http://www.maggiekrol.com/laceitup/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes that's what I think which is why I thought this post would be useful :) x

      Delete
  12. Oh I wish I loved baking! For me I have similar travel goals, I'd really love to travel absolutely as much as I can within this year and next year :)

    Julia // The Sunday Mode

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck with that - traveling is so much fun, I love seeing new places! x

      Delete
  13. love this post!
    xx Tania
    tsarin.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the planner!! My goals for this year are similar, eat better, excersize more! Think it is needed :)

    Erin || MakeErinOver

    ReplyDelete
  15. The whole eat healthier and active lifestyle is on top of my list as soon as I push my babygirl out and obvs need a month or so to recover I will be back on this tingggg!! I wanna kick it off with a nice detox. Thank you so much for sharing this with us! Happy New Year to you and your family!! Dominica from London, www.its-dominica.blogspot.co.uk xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah you should definitely take some time to recover - good luck with your goals! You're welcome :) Happy New Year to you too x

      Delete
  16. I'm the same - I want to try and eat healthier - I'll just ignore the fact that I'm drinking chocolate milkshake whilst writing this haha x

    ♡ itsjessiejane ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I'm sure one chocolate milkshake is fine - they're difficult to resist! x

      Delete
  17. Love it. Please check out how I balayaged my own hair!

    Kisses xo | From Aliona With Love

    Instagram @alionawithlove

    Twitter @alionawithlove

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cute planner, where can I get myself one? Very realistic & achievable goals...I'm quite new to the blogging world I can relate to the first one😊

    Rue xx
    http://ruue94.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you go to The Happiness Planner website: https://thehappinessplanner.com then you can order one from the shop section x

      Delete
  19. It's definitely a common goal but I really want to improve my blog as well! I want to pay more attention to my blog and just improve everything...

    Julia // The Sunday Mode

    ReplyDelete