Sunday, 19 February 2017

Makeup Storage




With an ever-expanding makeup collection, it was important to me to find a way to store my makeup so that I could easily access all of my products and I could separate them into categories. A firm favourite among bloggers are the Muji drawers - so I bought myself two of the two-drawer Muji drawers and I stacked one on top of the other.

On top of my drawers I display my perfumes and my current favourite foundations so I can easily grab them when I need them. In the first drawer I keep my bases and other face products. This usually changes with the seasons because in the Summer I go for darker and more matte foundations and concealers (maybe even a BB cream), whereas in the Winter, my skin is paler and I wear a more dewy foundation. Currently I have my Benefit POREfessional primer, Hoola bronzer, Rockateur blusher, and The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer highlighter in this draw, along with some foundations and BB creams that I'm saving for Summer.

In the next drawer down I keep some of my eye products, such as mascara, eye liner, and brow pencils. At the moment I'm loving using the Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara on top of the Benefit Roller Lash mascara because this combination really lengthens and curls my lashes. Whenever I want to make my eye makeup I bit more dramatic I apply the Kat Von D Tattoo Liner along my lash line. Also, I've been using the Benefit Gimme Brow gel so much recently because it makes my eyebrows so much more defined and fuller.

The third drawer down contains all of my eyeshadow palettes. I mainly use the Urban Decay Naked palettes and this doesn't change throughout the year as they contain all of the shades I need year-round. However, I'm considering buying the Too Faced Sweet Peach palette for this Summer because it contains brighter colours than the Naked palettes.

Lastly, I keep all of my lip products in the bottom drawer. I have my MAC lipsticks and lip liners, which are my most used lip products, as well as my NYX lipsticks and some Topshop ones. My brighter colours are usually only worn during the Summer months and I save the darker colours for Autumn/Winter. How do you store your makeup?

51 comments:

  1. Those clear boxes are really a great option for make up storage! I really need to get one :)

    What about following each other on bloglovin? <3

    Caro x
    http://nilooorac.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so easy to store stuff in! I already follow you on Bloglovin :) x

      Delete
  2. Love how you have organized your makeup!
    Great post!xx

    Vildana from Living Like V & Stalia Is BAE

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love having a nosey at how people store their makeup!xx

    Lucy x | lucy-cole.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really need one of these! My makeup collection is getting way out of hand and needs some organizing.
    Dora
    http://www.adropofindigo.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is so easy to organise everything into sections! x

      Delete
  5. Omg I need one of those!

    http://ariadibari.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love NAKED! Great quality for a good price!

    Carmelatte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's my favourite eyeshadow palette! x

      Delete
  7. Lovely makeup storage, my makeup is just stashed anywhere it fits. This looks compact and practical. Loving the URBAN DECAY palettes, they are a makeup classic...

    xo,
    I AM YASMIN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urban Decay do some of my favourite palettes! x

      Delete
  8. I actually just re-did my makeup storage and use something really similar! I love it!

    xx Rachel | http://www.imperfectlyrachel.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love sorting out my makeup and making it tidy again! x

      Delete
  9. Love this! I definitely need one of these! Looks so convenient!!! :D

    xx Sofia | SOFIAADOT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's so good for storing makeup :) x

      Delete
  10. I love the drawers, they are so cute and I need to get one for my desk!!

    Rebecca Coco

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are so organized with your makeup! I'd love to put together a similar collection and store it in a pretty way like yours, but at the moment I just have no space for makeup so I keep it all in a small cardboard box.

    Marti

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to keep my makeup like that but I find this so much more convenient! x

      Delete
  12. Love your makeup storage!

    Vanessa x | www.springlilies.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the look of the MUJI acrylic storage. These drawers look great and you've fit quite a lot into it also x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that you can put perfumes and stuff on top of them to make them look pretty! x

      Delete
  14. Nice!
    I need to get for myself some storage shelves, hee!

    -JarOfSweeets-
    http://www.jarofsweeets.com/sweeets/grand-bazaar-collection
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTvr7Na0Mzw&t=3s

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your storage! Can't beat acrylic drawers xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so easy to store everything in! x

      Delete
  16. amazing makeup storage, it looks pretty! X

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this - been meaning to sort mine for ages �� I fear see through would simply reveal my mess inside though ha ��

    @What_sophie_sees
    https://whatsophieseesblog.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha as long as you keep it tidy then it looks nice! x

      Delete
  18. I love MUJI drawers, they're the only things I use haha! Have a lovely day :)

    tipscapsule.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so good for storage! Thank you x

      Delete
  19. I have clear drawers like these and I love them. They make me feel so organized! I would love to hear if you buy the Too Faced Sweet Peach palette and how you like it!

    http://thekaylaraelife.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely do a review on the palette if I buy it :) x

      Delete
  20. Oh I love these acrylic makeup storage things. They're so handy and also look super pretty :)

    Love, Kerstin
    http://www.missgetaway.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I'm so glad I bought these for makeup storage! x

      Delete
  21. Everything is so neat and organized! I love it x

    Sick Chick Chic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I try to keep them as tidy as possible x

      Delete
  22. I would so love storage like this, I love the look of it! Right now I have Ikea Alex drawers! which are just perfect for keeping makeup in!

    Erin || MakeErinOver

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seen so many bloggers that have the Ikea Alex drawers and they look so nice! x

      Delete
  23. I have a short metal storage system from Ikea (Ikea HELMER) to store my makeup. Even though modern isn't my style, I find these are more me than the Alex drawers, and just the right size for my makeup collection, which I try to edit down so old expired makeup doesn't hang around for too long!

    www.withlovekatie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to sort out my makeup regularly too, otherwise I end up with loads of products that are out of date! x

      Delete
  24. Loveee your acrylic organizer! i've always wanted one. But first i need to buy myself a new vanity table ( i gave mine away when i was moving ).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want a vanity table too - at the moment I keep this on top of a chest of drawers x

      Delete
    2. Hehe once you get your vanity table, you'll feel so much more complete! At least i did! Hehe, i also have my makeup organizer on top of my chest drawers and inside.

      Delete