Sunday, 12 February 2017

Valentine's Day Makeup



Whether you've got plans to go to dinner with your significant other this Valentine's Day or you're having a girls night with your friends, it's the perfect opportunity to opt for a bold red lip and some sparkly eyeshadow. I gained inspiration from Pinterest to create this Valentine's Day makeup look...

Firstly - as I always do - I applied Benefit POREfessional primer to my face and then I used my Spectrum B01 brush to apply Nars Sheer Glow foundation and Collection Lasting Perfection concealer onto my face. Next, I buffed Benefit Hoola bronzer onto my cheekbones and around the edge of my hairline using the Spectrum C04 brush. Underneath my cheekbones I used the Sleek Face Contour Kit and on top of my cheekbones I applied The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer (as this is the most glowy highlighter that I own!) - I also applied this on my brow bones, down my nose and above my lip. Then I filled my eyebrows in with the Maybelline Master Shape Brow Pencil; this gives a fuller but still natural look. For my eyes, I used the Urban Decay Naked palette - applying Virgin right in the inner corner of my eyes, followed by Half Baked in the centre (I applied a few layers of this to get a more intense colour), and for the outer corner I used a small amount of Darkhorse. The mascara I used was Benefit Roller Lash because this curls my lashes nicely, however, you could apply false lashes instead. To complete the look I used a bright red lipstick from Topshop in the shade Joyride.

I hope this makeup look has given you an idea of what you could do on Tuesday. Have you got any plans for Valentine's Day?

22 comments:

  1. Ahh, that red lip is beautiful, you look lovely! :)
    I'm over at www.trustinvogue.com, if you fancy a visit :) keep up the good work! - Hannah xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I don't wear a red lip very often! I love your blog x

      Delete
  2. This is such a pretty Valentine's Day look - I love the red lip it's so classic :)

    www.kirstyjennifer.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you -Topshop lipsticks are really good! x

      Delete
  3. Love this look - definitely agree with you - V day is the perfect opportunity for a bold lip! You're rocking it!xx

    Lucy x | lucy-cole.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I don't wear red lipstick very often but Valentine's Day is definitely an excuse to wear it x

      Delete
  4. Red is definitely your colour, looks amazing on you!! I am wearing a pink lipstick today, I love pink for Valentine's day :)

    Yiota
    PinkDaisyLoves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! Pink is great for Valentine's Day too x

      Delete
  5. This is such a lovely post - love the look, its so pretty!

    Layla xx

    http://www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. your lipstick looks just amazing. i love it.


    www.elenaisabelle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - I've had that lipstick for ages but I barely wear it! x

      Delete
  7. Benefit porefessional is a personal fave

    http://poodleandnoodle.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so good at making my foundation last longer, I don't wear foundation without it now! x

      Delete
  8. Emma, you're just sooo pretty and this makeup look is perfect!

    http://ariadibari.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Makeup looks so pretty and simple!

    http://www.myclusterofthoughts.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the lipstick! xo

    sophiejc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely don't wear this lipstick enough! x

      Delete
  11. I seriously love that lip color on you!

    www.weloveswatches.com

    ReplyDelete