Sunday, 16 April 2017

Breakfast Ideas

Breakfast (brunch) is fast becoming one of my favourite meals of the day. I love experimenting with what I'm making and having a chilled out morning - whether that be reading a magazine or catching up on a TV series. So today I thought that I would share with you a few of the breakfasts that I've been loving recently.

Slightly overdid my eggs but lets ignore that...
How do you like your eggs in the morning? I like mine poached and with smoked salmon. Since visiting Bills for brunch a few weeks ago I have become obsessed with this! It's slightly more expensive and time consuming than the other breakfast ideas that I'm going to mention but it's good to treat yourself every once in awhile, right? I usually poach my eggs for about four minutes and, whilst I'm waiting for the eggs, toast the breakfast muffins and then I put the smoked salmon on top.


A very simply breakfast if you're in a rush is granola mixed with yogurt. At the moment I'm loving the Jordans Honey and Nut Granola with Greek Style Honey Yogurt. You could also have this with milk if you prefer and you can add some fruit on top of it to add more flavour.


Finally, smoothie bowls are something that I've been wanting to try for ages - they enable you to have so many of your 5-a-day in one sitting! I made a pineapple, banana and mango smoothie bowl by blending all of the fruit together along with some almond milk and 3 teaspoons of honey. To decorate I used chopped up banana and mango and I sprinkled a handful of flaked almonds on top. You can create lots of different flavour combinations for smoothie bowls by using different fruits, yogurts and seeds, so I'll definitely be trying some more of these.

What do you like having for breakfast?

12 comments:

  1. I have been loving to make smoothie bowls but for brunch, poached eggs with salmon and hollandaise basically eggs benedict is a must !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I wish I could have poached eggs and smoked salmon everyday! x

      Delete
  2. I love scrambled eggs in the morning, breakfast/brunch is the best!

    http://www.myclusterofthoughts.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have to try the granola breakfast, it looks so good!

    http://ariadibari.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my go-to breakfast when I don't have time to make anything else - I hope you enjoy it! x

      Delete
  4. These look so yummy ^_^ I especially love the sound of the smoothie one.

    <3
    perfectfixations.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that you can try so many different combinations of flavours for the smoothie bowl! x

      Delete
  5. I should try these some day!

    www.janelku.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all of these but I probably like my eggs best with avocado and bacon rather than salmon, i'm just not much of a fish person. I love a good granola or smoothie bowl as well but my favourite breakfast of all time is probably an acai bowl which really isn't all that different from a smoothie bowl :)

    Julia // The Sunday Mode

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love eggs with avocado too! I've never tried an acai bowl before, I'll have to give it a try x

      Delete